Assura helped MainPower, a North Canterbury electricity company, upgrade its event-management system to improve efficiency.
While MainPower’s events database had served the company well, a company-wide software review identified that it was time for an upgrade.
MainPower New Zealand owns and operates the electricity distribution system throughout the North Canterbury and Kaikoura regions. It supplies line services to approximately 33,000 customers via 4,000 kilometres of cable over 11,000 square kilometres.
The new system needed to be dynamic and flexible enough to:
- Incorporate specific New Zealand lines industry requirements relating to management of incidents, defects, hazards, improvements and complaints.
- Adapt to changing regulatory frameworks.
- Complement MainPower’s existing processes and procedures.
- Allow for in-house updating.
- Provide effective management and reporting through status tracking capability.
- Allow ease of access via data pushing in web formats.
With a need to improve the way feedback, incidents, defects, hazards, complaints and compliments were recorded; MainPower’s project team looked at several off-the-shelf packages. Failing to find a solution, Assura was engaged to develop a database which would meet the company’s unique needs.
MainPower quickly saw the value in Assura’s workflow module, which allows live tracking, consistent management and escalation of incidents and events. Its ability to easily manage and record processes for audit and compliance purposes also appealed.
It wasn’t long until MainPower was already reaping the benefits of its Assura events management software.
Not only are senior managers now regularly and easily updated with the status of events, changes and improvements — especially in the heavily regulated area of health and safety — these updates have never been more visible to staff.
To find out more about Assura can help you please contact us